10 February 2008

Georgetown...check!

Bill received his acceptance letter to Georgetown this week! We were very excited and went out to dinner to celebrate! If it were up to me, we'd call it good and start packing for D.C. this summer. However, Bill still wants to see about NYU and University of Florida, but those applications aren't due until April. By May we should know about all of them and then make a definite decision. In any event, I think we can safely say that we will be moving somewhere along the East Coast in August. I suppose I could start packing before we know where exactly we're going, but I'll put that off for few months more. No use rushing into it!

7 comments:

Randy said...

Congratulations on Georgetown!

As to NYU, I'm hearing the voice of Eva Gabor from "Green Acres" in the back of my head (yes, I'm old enough to remember that show):

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

Jonah said...

I'm so excited to be able to come and visit you now!!

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

I can hear Eva singing now...and we hope to have lots of visitors!

Kris said...

Congratulations Karen & Bill!! I love DC...I'm a little jealous that you could be heading out there. You'd love it.

If you end up going, I can put you in touch with some of my friends (couples...) that still live there - they'd be fun for you to hang out with. I'll be watching your blog to find out where you'll end up. ( : Hope all is well.

Kris said...

By the way...it's Kris - I've been secretly stalking your blog through Becky's (hope that's ok). ( :

Karen said...

Thanks Kris! We're excited. When we're sure, I'd love to get some names of people to get to know!