11 July 2008

Reunited

In June we had a wonderful Whitaker Family Reunion. This is the first time that all of Bill's sisters, brother and their spouses have been together in many years. We even had 16 of the 19 grandchildren there too! It was so much fun!
We spent the first couple of days playing, swimming, golfing, eating, etc. Then we had even more aunts, uncles and cousins come for a fun picnic and talent show. Everyone had such a good time and I loved meeting more of Bill's family. I'm so glad we were all able to get together before we move. Fortunately, Bill's brother, James and his family live in D.C. and Bill's sister, Tina and her husband live in Albany. We hope to get to see them often!!

2 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

Family reunions are the BEST! I just got back from a week long one at Bear Lake. I love the picture of Billy's dad and all the grandkids watching him so intensely. I'm sure it was a great story or something =)

Randy said...

That was a great reunion, and it was even fun to attempt to play golf. I feared I would resort to Happy Gilmore tactics, but I managed to behave! Cindy was a tad annoyed with me for laughing at James's comment as we were leaving that maybe he could hit her really hard and start the family fight we had all been waiting for.

It's a shame NYU student housing isn't spacious enough for very many people to visit Manhattan and crash on your floor. I'm just saying.