20 August 2009

A year ago...

I often play this little game with myself when I remember that something significant in my life happened one year before. Today it was that exactly one year ago Bill and I put all of our belongings into storage, said goodbye to our families, drove to the airport with our one-way tickets in hand, and flew to New York City to begin a nine-month adventure. I think I'll never be able to understand how time goes by so fast. We will always cherish that experience!
Things are quite a bit different now than they were 365 days ago. I'm embarrassed to say that we haven't really seen that much of Boise since arriving here the first week of June. We've had some fun outings with my sisters though, and are slowly getting to know the area.
Two nights ago, Sam and I drove into downtown and met Bill for dinner after work. We found a yummy little pizza place and then walked around for a little bit.
Idaho State Capitol Building
8th Street
This afternoon, Sam and I met my sister, Ann and her boys at Ann Morrison Park downtown and walked along the Greenbelt. It follows the Boise River through town and is gorgeous! We passed this Anne Frank Memorial...
Complete with a quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley.
Although there are days when I long to be back in Manhattan, I'm excited to explore our new city and make it our home. Here's to another year!

3 comments:

Jonah said...

I do the same thing...

Great picture of the capitol.

Natalie said...

Hey there. Boise is a great place to be. I lived there for a year while I was trying to get myself together.
If you want a great Sunday afternoon drive head to Swan Falls. It is so beautiful and you can walk around.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_Falls_Dam
It's always so hard to get used to a new place, especially when you loved the last place you were in.

Scott and Elly said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you guys came to New York for a year! And I'm sure it's nice to be close to family again with new adventures on the horizon:)