13 September 2009

Sun Valley

We spent a fabulous couple of days in Sun Valley, ID this weekend. Bill had an estate planning conference and Sam and I tagged along. I just love it there. I have such wonderful memories of going there with my family while I was growing up and they all just come flooding back each time I'm there.
We arrived Thursday evening, had dinner in Ketchum and checked into the Inn. Our room had a huge walk-in closet that conveniently fit Sam's portable crib, so we set him up in there and he slept like a baby! (pun intended) It made nap times very nice!
It was quite a bit cooler in the mornings there, but we still got out for our usual morning walks. Sam loved to watch the swans and ducks in the pond and babbled on and on at them as we walked by.
Bill was in meetings all day Friday, so Sam and I met one of the other wives and her baby for lunch that afternoon and then went swimming with Bill after dinner.
The water was nice and warm and Sam had a great time splashing and chasing his ball.
Bill had more meetings Saturday morning, so Sam and I went for our walk and then another quick dip in the pool before nap time. We packed up and headed home later that afternoon. It was such a fun weekend...I can't wait until next year!

No comments: