18 August 2011

Utah Visit [First Stop: Salt Lake]

We had a whirlwind trip to Utah these last two weeks. It all started when Sam, Daniel and I drove down to visit my parents (Bill had to work). I was really nervous about traveling alone with them, but I timed it so we would leave right after lunch in time for their afternoon naps. Everything was going great, and maybe I was getting a little too cocky because when we got to Ogden, it all fell apart.
Traffic slowed to almost a complete stop because of an accident and suddenly, Sam started screaming. I turned to see what was wrong just in time to see him throw up...twice. Because of the accident, I couldn't get off the freeway for almost 10 minutes. Fortunately, I had just talked to my friend, Sarah and we had arranged for us to stop at their house in Farmington for a little break. I pulled off at the next exit and cleaned Sam up as best as I could and then quickly headed to Sarah's. Sam seemed fine playing with his friend, Drew, so I decided it was just motion sickness. Then, as we were getting ready to leave, Sarah asked if I'd like to take a bucket just in case. A few minutes after she gave it to me, Sam started gagging again and, luckily, I caught it all in the bucket. I threw the boys and all our things in the car and headed to my parents. We hadn't been there more than 20 minutes when he threw up again. So I just got all our stuff from the car and put the boys and me in bed.
I wasn't sure what was wrong with Sam, so we just took it easy Friday and hung out at my parents house. It was my brother, Dan's birthday, so we had a bbq with them and played outside.

Daniel and Noah became fast friends
My sisters family was also visiting and I took my boys and her kids to the Church History Museum on Saturday. It was pretty crowded, but they still had a great time checking out the children's exhibit.
Sam enjoyed playing with (and putting stickers on) my brother, Dave.
Sunday afternoon I took my boys and two nephews up to Silver Lake near Brighton Resort. I love it up there and the walk around the lake was beautiful.
Sam helping Grandpa mow the lawn
Cousins: Asher, Noah & Sloane
We also went to Hogle Zoo (forgot my camera), had lunch or dinner with lots of friends and played in the fountain at Gateway. It was a great visit. Bill flew in Tuesday evening (thank heavens!) and we drove down to St. George Wednesday afternoon for the Whitaker family reunion. More pictures to follow...

No comments: