09 October 2011

My Baby is One!

I know I always say this, but I cannot believe it has already been a year! Daniel is growing up way too fast. He is such a joy in our family...we just love having him around!
It was a gorgeous fall day. Perfect for a little birthday party. We had my sisters and their families and our friends, the Wilson's over for a little cake and ice cream.
Daniel absolutely LOVES goldfish crackers, so I thought it appropriate to decorate his cake like one. Don't ever try to take away his cracker cup...you'll have a force to reckon with!
We played outside while it was still light before heading inside to party.
Daniel grabbed a big chunk of his cake and dug in. He seemed a little unsure at first, but warmed right up to the delicious cake!
Big brother Sam helps open presents.
Happy Birthday to our sweet boy! We love you!

2 comments:

Lissy Sarvela said...

DARLING cake made for a DARLING boy by a DARLING mom!

Kenningtons said...

I can't believe Daniel is one either. It seems like two weeks ago he was born.... I LOVE the goldfish cake!! You did an amazing job. It looks JUST LIKE a goldfish cracker. Happy birthday Daniel!