14 October 2007

This is why I love Autumn

I'm probably guilty of saying that every season is my favorite. Well they are, but for different reasons. I'll start at the end of the weekend and work backward. Saturday we spent most of the day at the Whitaker Family Cabin. I love it up there and you can see why. It is just over the the Idaho border in the Cub River Canyon. It is so beautiful and peaceful up there!
Unfortunately, the reason for our visit was to help Bill's parents get the cabin ready to sell. It's getting harder for them to take care of and none of their children live close enough to do the job.
We've had some fun times up there and I will be very sad to see it go. Hopefully we'll get to squeeze in a couple more trips before it sells!
Friday was a very productive day. It started off with taking the day off work and spending most of it with my mom. We got flu shots in the morning. Then we sorted through the 72-hour backpacks we put together years ago, but needed replenishing. And I wanted to get one put together for Bill. After the sorting came the shopping for all new food, water, medical supplies, batteries and so on. I always hope that we'll never need to use them, but it sure is comforting to know that they are there. I also had a yummy dinner with Jen & Lissy at Chipotle.
Bill and I just got released from our calling. We were teaching the 12-year-old. Yes, that is singular. There is only one, bless his heart. We do get a visitor every now and then, but it's usually two on one. They've decided to move the boy up to the 13-14 year olds a few months early, so they don't need us any more. So today they sustained us in our new callings: Bill is a YM instructor and Assistant Scout Leader and I am the 2nd counselor in the Primary. We are both very excited.
I am not, however, excited for tomorrow. How do the weekends go so fast?!

2 comments:

Jonah said...

Wow--flu shots and 72-hour kits. Sounds like a PARTY!

Randy said...

I've always been fond of that cabin. I even learned to drive a snowmobile up there, something we don't do much of in New Orleans.