25 November 2007

Gobble Gobble!

Last weekend was spent up at the Whitaker cabin with our friends, Ted & Sarah Gardiner. It was wonderful! The weather was perfect; not too cold, not too warm. It was the perfect relaxing weekend complete with two games of Pollyanna, a lot of food and a motorcycle lesson.
The Thanksgiving chaos has come and gone. Becky and her family arrived late Tuesday night. I took Wednesday off since I had to work Friday. We spent most of the day playing games. Thursday began with a 5k Human Race walk in Draper. It was freezing, but a great cause!
The boys played football while the rest of us worked on Thanksgiving dinner.
Dinner was great and for dessert we decorated sugar cookies.
Friday night Ann and I took Rachel to her first bookclub meeting. For years Ann and I belonged to a book club with a bunch of friends of ours. We were all very faithful until one by one, people started moving away. Now we try to get together for one reunion a year for a fun potluck and book exchange. Always a fun treat to catch up with the Blue Stockings!!
Saturday was spent lounging around playing more games and watching football--I won't say which game :( . Then we all went out to dinner to celebrate Ann & Travis' birthdays coming up and went to see the movie Enchanted. Even the guys seemed to enjoy it!
Thanksgiving kind of sneaked up on me this year. I am usually looking forward to the holidays for months, but this year they were here before I knew it! It's a lot more fun that way! We had a great time and now I am definitely in the Christmas spirit!

1 comment:

Randy said...

We watched the LSU/Arkansas game on Friday after I signed off from work. We're not number one anymore. :( Good for BYU for making it into the BCS rankings!