13 October 2008

Girls Weekend!

What a fun weekend! My mom and sisters, Ann & Becky, came to visit. They arrived Thursday evening and we had a blast! Friday morning we started early with a walk and bike ride through Central Park. The weather was beautiful!
Riding a bike was a little awkward, but very fun.
We had lunch in Rockefeller Center and then went to get tickets to a show. We ended up seeing A Tale of Two Cities, which was very good.
Saturday morning we took a train up to Greenwich, CT. It is a very cute little town with a fun main street with shops and restaurants. We found a fun little french cafe and had delicious crepes. When we got back to the city, we went to Herald Square for a little shopping. Then we met Bill for dinner and dessert at Carnegie Deli. I had my usual chocolate fudge layer cake. It's to die for!
Sunday was church and then a stroll through the Financial District. We took the Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Then we walked through Exchange Place and over to Ground Zero.
Bill was a sweet heart and made us a wonderful lasagna for dinner. It was very impressive!
My mom and sisters flight was early Monday morning, so I helped them to a cab and they were off. I was so sad to see them go. It was so fun hanging out with them all weekend!

3 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

I can't imagine biking at nearly 7 months as awkward? Haha...you're a rock star! And I think you look FANTASTIC!!! It's crazy to think that you girls are all going to be momma's in just a few weeks. Also. . . I LOVE NYC in the fall. . . that seems to be the time we usually go. I love walking through central park with the leaves all changing colors. Take care!

Ted said...

I enjoy hearing that you keep going back to the Carnegie Deli! That makes me feel special.

Lissy Sarvela said...

So I want to hear more details about what you thought of Tale of Two Cities...we LOVED it, but I am always told I am a really easy critic, so I would like to hear your detailed opinion.