02 December 2009

One

I can't believe I have a one-year-old! If the rest of my life flies by as fast as this last year has (as I'm frequently told that it does), I'll be a senior citizen before I know it! Sam had a great birthday.
The three of us went to dinner at Smoky Mountain Pizza and Pasta
And then Sam got to take a bath with his new tubby toys
While Sam was napping this morning, I read through my journal entries the few days before and after his birth. It was such an amazing time that I can still remember very vividly. I've never felt so humble and vulnerable as when I got to hold my sweet little baby for the first time. It was the most precious moment of my life. I loved seeing Bill just melt as he held his new little son.
Life for us has sure changed since then! We are so happy to have Sam in our family and love him so much! Happy birthday Sammy!

1 comment:

KA said...

Oh my goodness Karen...we totally forgot Sammy's birthday. I can't believe he is one already!!! I feel horrible. With Jack's birthday on the 1st and trying to get settled out here it totally slipped my mind. Happy Birthday little guy. We hope it was awesome as it appears it was with all these cute photos! Congrats and we will make sure we don't forget his second. Love you cousin Sammy!!!!