09 December 2008

Ban on Laughter

Since having some pretty major surgery, I have had to put a ban on anything that makes me laugh. Anything more that a little chuckle causes a lot of pain for my abdomen and incision. Those of you that know Bill will understand how hard this can be. He is constantly making hilarious little jokes that send me into an excruciating laugh attack.
Last night was a doozy. When my alarm for Samuel's second feeding went off at 4:30, Bill sat bolt upright and started saying things that made absolutely no sense. I thought maybe it had to do with school and the final he had taken earlier that day. Then he started to make a little sense, and then back to total nonsense. I was writhing in pain with laughter and he thought I was being mean by laughing at him. I knew I had to remember it all to tell him in the morning so I wrote it down. I can't think about it too much even now because it sends me into hysterics.
Here are some of the latest pics...
Sam and Daddy watching the BYU v. USU game
Daddy changing a diaper. Bill hadn't ever changed one until Sam was born.
Our little peanut
Cab ride to Sam's first pediatric appointment.

7 comments:

Jonah said...

He is so cute I want to eat him up. I am so impressed that Bill can multi task like that...hold the baby, watch BYU tv and cook up some rice all at the same time!

Nettie Martin said...

Sam is so cute! With all the nieces and nephews Bill has it's about time he changes a diaper =) He looks like an old pro.

Good luck with the recovery! I'll make sure to keep my Friday email and only a giggle...no laughing for you missy!

Nate said...

I cannot imagine living with ol' Billie Bob and not laughing. Hm, just not possible. I CAN, however, imagine him saying incomprehensible things in his sleep. Ha ha!

Your baby is beautiful by the way. :)

Daniel B. said...

Congrats on the new arrival, guys. Keep it real.

Randy said...

Oh, Bill, don't say anything in your sleep until you've cleared it with counsel first. Karen--Speaking as a fan of college football, I hope you didn't watch any of that usu game. Those aggies ain't just bad, they're bad with raisins in it. And that would make any reasonable person laugh.

Bill's off to a good start if he can multitask while diapering. You'll know you've made it when you can go to church with an undiscovered spot of spitup on your tie and not care when it's pointed out to you. Consider it a badge of honor.

Sarah said...

I am dying to know what Billy said. You mentioned that you wrote it down...maybe you could post it?

Sam is adorable!

Jennifer said...

He is such a doll, can't wait to meet him!