17 March 2009

Second Anniversary!

I can't believe it's been two years since I married my best friend and the greatest man in the world! The old adage rings true: Time flies when you're having fun. These have been the most fun two years of my life; even more so now with our little Sam.
For a fun anniversary trip and spring break Bill, Sam and I packed up and rode the train to Philadelphia. We met our friends, the Wilson's, there and spent most of the day checking out the city.
It was so neat to see all of the historical sites that I've always heard about. It made me so grateful for our founding fathers and all that they did to make ours such a great nation! It was a quick trip, but we got to see Independence Hall, Congress Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Liberty Bell and the U.S. Mint.
Standing behind Independence Hall
We took Sam swimming for his first time and we had the pool all to ourselves. The water wasn't very warm, so we didn't last very long, but Sam seemed to enjoy it!
Enjoying my first Philly Cheesesteak
For lunch we found a restaurant on South Street. Most people were decked out in green for St. Paddy's day and enjoying a pint or two. This picture was taken when some bagpipers came in to play a few tunes and it was really loud. I'm not sure if Sam was mad at the loud music, or at his mom for covering his ears?
It was a great trip. I'm so glad we can take advantage of seeing these places while we're out here!

4 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

Happy Anniversary! Ok, so you guys are seriously such a cute couple - your little family looks like something out of a movie. Sam is so cute and the bagpipe picture is hilarious. I love Bill's Office t-shirt. I laughed so hard at last week's episode that I cried. Glad you had a fun trip!

Randy said...

Sammie will never need to use his fists. That look will scare anybody into submission

Tauni said...

Congratulations Karen and Bill! You have had an incredible first two years!!!

Jennifer said...

So glad you were able to goto Philadelphia while you are out there. Such a fun city. I love the photo of you covering Sam's ears, a classic!