03 January 2009

Welcome 2009

Happy New Year! I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming that it's already 2009 and we have a 5 week old baby! We had a pretty low-key New Years Eve. We had a fun dinner and games with our friends, Daniel & Andrea Ricks while Sam hung out in their cozy LoveSac.

We were home and I was in bed by 8:30 pm. Bill woke me up just before midnight to ring in the new year, I fed Sam and went right back to bed. My excuse is that I'd rather start the new year well rested!

This is one of my favorite pictures. Many of you have asked if Sam has any hair yet. You can't tell by looking at him from the front, but he does have a nice little coat of brown hair. I love looking at his cute little head from the back!
A few days ago, we took Sammy to his 5 week checkup. He loves his new stroller Grandma & Grandpa Ellison gave him. It's a very smooth ride. Sam now weighs 9 lbs 11 oz and is 22 inches long. He didn't like the Hep B shot they gave him and boy did he let them know it! At least we know his lungs work!
2008 was very good to us and I am looking forward to the exciting things 2009 has in store!

3 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

What great pictures! He is so cute and squeezable. I hope you are doing well - thanks for the great updates!

Nettie Martin said...

Karen...you are BEAUTIFUL! You are working the stroller hot momma look. I love the orange scarf and hat.

Karen said...

Nettie, you're so nice! It's so hard to feel that way when you are so exhausted and rarely get to shower! That was so nice to hear!