16 April 2009

Celebrity Sighting!

I've had two since we've been here. Can you tell who this is? I first saw him when Sam and I were on our way to Babies 'R' Us this afternoon. He was standing outside a bank talking to a woman. When I first saw him (we made eye contact!), I thought, "that looks just like Matthew Modine". I tried to get my camera out of my bag lickety split, but he started to ride away. But then he stopped to look at his phone so I hurried past him, spun around and snapped this. I promise it's really him! (Did you know he was raised in the Mormon church and dropped out of BYU?)
My other sighting was in the fall. I was walking home from the library along Houston between LaFayette and Broadway and walked right past Meredith from The Office. Unfortunately, I don't have photographic evidence of that one, but it was definitely her. No one has red hair like that!
Earlier today, Sam and I met up with a group from our ward at the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. It was a gorgeous day. We love hanging out with our friends!
I snapped this on our walk as well. This is the Grace Church a few blocks from our apartment on Broadway. I love the spring buds!

3 comments:

Nettie Martin said...

Wow...look at you. I don't think I would have recognized who Matthew Modine was? I had to look him up on wikipedia. I only saw Michael More heckling the people outside the stock exchange building while walking back to Jamar's place.

I LOVE the pictures of the magnolia trees. I went on a walk on Sunday and told my two friends that those are my favorite!

Love the warm weather to. It was in the high 60's low 70's last weekend and all this week. Tomorrow we're suppose to get up in the 80's! I think Spring is finally here!

Randy said...

I liked Matthew Modine in "Married to the Mob."

Speaking of celbrity sightings, Brangelina live in the French Quarter and their kids attend the same school as the friend of a coworker. So whenever the supermarket tabloids make me curious about the state of their relationship, I ask my coworker, who asks her friend, who assures her that the kids are still in that school.

Randy said...

Gosh, he sure looks like BYU alumnus Aaron Eckhart (of "Thank You for Smoking")in that photo.