18 October 2009

Special Trip

I feel like we have been on the road every weekend for the past couple of months! This time was an especially exciting trip. Bill left work a few hours early on Friday and we drove to Salt Lake and stayed at my parents house. Dan, Zibbey, Noah and Sloane are there for a few more weeks while they do some remodeling to their new house, so it was so fun to spend time with them. Those kids are so darn cute!
Saturday morning, Bill and I left Sam with my parents and drove to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in Daybreak, Utah. I had not been out there yet and was excited to see yet another beautiful temple in the Salt Lake Valley. It is gorgeous!
The first special occasion was to see Bill's sister, Carrie and her husband Troy sealed to each other and their youngest daughter, Isabelle. It was a beautiful ceremony and made me so grateful for my knowledge of eternal families.
Afterward, we picked up Sam and went to Carrie and Troy's house for a little lunch and visiting and then to see the blessing of our newest Whitaker nephew. Bill's other sister, Melinda and her family came down from Rexburg and blessed Seth Whitaker Ollerton who was born on August 28th. He is such a sweet little baby with tons of black hair!
Sam was having a ball while his cousin, Leah, bounced him on the trampoline. We had dinner with my family that night and then drove back home Sunday morning. We knew we were back in Idaho when we were stopped at a traffic light behind this:
We're proud to be Idahoans!

No comments: